Learn how to carve strawberries into enchanted roses which will make the perfect addition to your Beauty and the Beast party at home. Add them to a healthy fruit platter, party cupcakes or for a special birthday cake topper.
What You’ll Need:
How to Make It:
- Begin by placing your strawberry on a fork to hold it steady from the base.
- Using a paring knife, slice the strawberry downwards just slightly at the middle of the berry. Use the edge of the knife to fan outwards. Press and fan a couple of times until the berry curves outwards on its own, creating the first petal.
- Continue this process 3-4 more times around the base of the strawberry.
- Cut a second row of petals, placing the new petals between the ones from the row below.
- Continue creating rows of petals.
- When you reach the tip of the strawberry, create one slice on the end and separate each side, creating the final petals.
- Place your strawberry roses on a fruit platter, cupcakes or a birthday cake to make your celebration extra special.
Note: All cutting should be done by an adult.